Disclosure: We may receive a small commission when you shop by clicking on the links on our site. This is at absolutely no added cost to you. Learn more.
A good, CHEAP cup of espresso can be hard to come by. And when it comes to espresso machines, you may fret that the only ones worth their salt (or should we say grounds?) boast a four-digit price tag.
Well, that’s where you’re wrong!
Fortunately, several espresso machines on the market are proving that expensive tastes don’t need to come at a HUGE expense.
It took some research and taste testing, but we’ve found seven fantabulous espresso machines for under $200.
Best Overall Pick
- Lightweight and equipped with an ergonomic handle
- Makes a truly majestic espresso shot
- Along with its impeccable shots, the Inissia comes equipped with some awesome features and a complimentary gift!
Breville Cafe Roma
Top Espresso Machines Under 200 Reviewed
1. Nespresso CitiZ
- The CitiZ is very easy to set up and clean.
- The espresso shots are on par with those delicious ones pulled by the Inissia.
- You can easily customize your drink by type and size with the simple touch of a button.
- Thanks to an extremely small carbon footprint, you can place it virtually anywhere. Traveling with the CitiZ is also easy, so you can enjoy that same quality espresso wherever you go!
- You have the option to choose between the black design or red, depending on your preferences and kitchen decor.
- The CitiZ also includes an energy-saving mode, which switches the machine off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Like the Inissia, this machine only uses capsules, so you’re out of luck as far as pulling shots from ground espresso goes.
This is a semi-automatic espresso machine for under $200.
Getting a semi-automatic for so little may seem unheard of, but De’Longhi took it upon itself to bestow us with the MOST AFFORDABLE semi-automatic espresso machine imaginable.
This cute machine comes equipped with 15 bars of pressure  that pump out exquisite espresso shots. And the easy-to-use steam wand can help anyone feel like a barista in their own home.
- Dimensions: 12.4 x 4.9 x 88 inches
- Weight: 6.9 lbs.
2. De’Longhi EC155
- You no longer have to choose between pod and grounds. This machine allows you to choose between your favorite coffee grounds or your go-to capsules. It’s the best of both worlds!
- The EC155 15 is capable of making espresso, cappuccinos, or lattes, but we like the cappuccinos best. De’Longhi clearly took extra care when creating this model’s patented cappuccino system. The frothing system creates are a creamy-yet-light foam that is perfect for die-hard cappuccino fans — like me!
- Not the best tamper? Don’t worry! This model comes with a built-in tamper to create perfectly tamped grounds each and every time. This improves the quality of the shots you pull.
- Rough morning? Why not make it a double? Thanks to the three-in-one filter holder, you can pull one or two shots at a time to get properly caffeinated.
- De’Longhi’s Rapid Cappuccino System allows you to make cup after cup with no wait time. This is perfect for when you have guests over or if you live in a household of cappuccino lovers.
- There isn’t a super intuitive cleaning system and things can become messy. Make sure you keep everything tidy and clean to prevent clogging.
True story: I had to do a double-take when I saw the price tag on this machine. My jaw may have hit the floor and, yes, friends were concerned about me for a minute.
De’Longhi has long been hailed as one of the most reputable manufacturers in the kitchen, coffee and espresso business. Many of their products don’t come cheap and for good reason. But this semi-automatic espresso machine delivers impeccable espresso and cappuccinos at SUPER low cost.
Semi-automatic espresso machines are perfect for those that want the convenience of automatic espresso machines with the fun, hands-on experience of being your own barista. This machine allows you to do just that without breaking the bank.
Makes coffee just the way you want them and delivers premium authentic Italian cafe drinks in no time as it is very simple to operate and easy to clean.
3. Breville Cafe Roma
- You have everything you need. The machine even includes its own milk jug at no extra cost so you can steam and froth to your heart’s content!
- Like the model from De’Longhi, you can choose between regular espresso and capsules.
- The modern silver exterior seamlessly fits in with pretty much any type of kitchen decor.
- This is a larger model than some of the other machines on our list, but it’s still small enough to fit easily into a variety of spaces.
- Unlike similar models, the Cafe Roma is relatively quiet, so you don’t have to worry about jarring anyone awake in your home.
- The filter can be prone to clogging if you aren’t vigilant about cleaning it.
Here is another great machine that proves that big things — including cappuccinos and lattes BURSTING with rich flavor — can come in small packages.
One thing I really, REALLY like about the Breville Cafe Roma is its frothing wand. At such a low price, you would expect a quality, easy-to-use frothing wand to be at the bottom of the list when it comes to the machine’s must-haves.
In all honesty, when you’re buying an espresso machine at such a low price tag, you kind of just accept these tiny details aren’t going to be mind-blowing.
But Breville offers a wand that is extremely easy to use, clean, and intuitively designed to make perfect foam — whether you want a latte or a cappuccino.
The thermoblock heating system give you the coffee at the right temperature. You dont have to wait for the machine to finish, the heat automatically turns off when the temperature and pressure are ready.
It’s 15 full bars of pressure helps extract maximum crema for a more flavorful coffee.
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 9 x 11.8 inches
Weight: 13 lbs.
4. Hamilton Beach
- The two-tone black-and-silver aesthetic gives this machine a sophisticated look that will add a modern pop to your kitchen or office.
- The machine is extremely easy to clean and a removable water reservoir makes refilling a cinch.
- Make cup after cup of coffee.
- Be careful about using this early in the morning or after people have gone to bed. This model is EXTREMELY noisy.
The Hamilton Beach Espresso machine wants to make you a good cup of java — and it also wants you to succeed. What I mean by that is the folks at Hamilton went to great lengths to make this machine as user-friendly as possible.
An intuitive design, simple touch-button operation system, and no-fuss milk frother ensures that you get consistent quality when it comes to making delicious espresso, cappuccinos, mochas  (MOCHAS!), and lattes.
Hamilton has a powerful 15-bar Italian pump to help make flavorful coffee so you will get a creamy, frothy cup of Joe at home, that will make your forget your barista.
Its easier to clean and refill its water tank with its removable reservoir.
Equipped with 15-bar professional pressure delivers quality coffee every time and extracts barista-quality beverages in no time. The water tank is simple to remove, refill and attach.
- Dimensions: 13.2 x 10.2 x 13.5 inches
- Weight: 11 lbs.
5. Mr. Coffee Automatic Dual Shot
- No waiting! The thermoblock heating system and steam wand ensure that you get your choice of espresso, coffee, or milk-based beverages FAST.
- This is another great-looking machine that also fits easily in any size kitchen or office thanks to an itty bitty footprint.
- It operates almost soundlessly, so you don’t need to worry about disturbing anyone.
- The foam that the steam wand delivers is not as consistent or creamy as what you can get from the other models on this list.
- The espresso is great, but not quite as aromatic and rich as the shots pulled from comparable models.
Although this is an espresso machine guide, let’s not sleep on a good cup of coffee. Mr. Coffee is known for its simple, straightforward products that never fail to give you that perfect cup of coffee.
This model delivers a great cup of joe for when you just want a classic, crisp start to the day. But Mr. Coffee proves it can do a great job of delivering more than just…well…coffee, thanks to a system for espressos, lattes, and cappuccinos.
It has an aesthetic and compact design that surely fits in any part of your kitchen and creates very authentic and bold espresso for a more enjoyable coffee every time with its 15 bar pump system that brews some of the richest creme.
- Dimensions: 11.4 x 13.7 x 13 inches
- Weight: 1.21 lbs.
6. Cuisinart SS-10P1
- Make tea, coffee, hot chocolate and cold drinks depending on your mood and the mood of your guests.
- The easy-to-use backlit LCD screen allows you to adjust temperature and start the brewing process with a simple touch of a button.
- Although the removable parts are dishwasher-safe and easy to clean, you’re going to want to be diligent when it comes to descaling in order to keep this machine working at an optimal level. Failure to descale could render this machine useless.
- I love the espresso K-Cups, but they aren’t at the same level as the other espresso shots on this list.
The SS-10P1 from Cuisinart may not have the same air of sophistication as the other models on our list — but that doesn’t mean this isn’t a worthy machine.
Convenience is the name of the game when you’re dealing with Cuisinart. This nifty little machine is perfect for both espresso gurus and those who are just hankering for a nice cup of joe or a tea. The K-Cup (which is what this machine uses) is easily recognizable to all walks of life — coffee FANATICS and fair weather fans alike — making it a great addition to any office.
One particularly cool feature is that you can easily deliver both hot and cold drinks, including iced coffee.
- Dimensions: 10.25 x 13.50 x 12.10 inches
- Weight: 15.71 lbs.
7. Nespresso Inissia
- Crema, crema, CREMA! If you’re a coffee aficionado, you know that cream is basically the litmus test for a good espresso shot. Crema is the caramel-hued layer that is supposed to appear atop an espresso shot after it is pulled. Each shot pulled by the Inissia passes the crema test with flying colors.
- Sharing is caring. Ready to impress your friends? You can do so easily thanks to the Inissia’s one-touch technology. The machine heats up in as little as 25 seconds and makes up to nine cups of coffee at a time before you need to refill the tank.
- Easily choose between espresso and lungo cup sizes.
- One of my favorite features is the Inissia’s energy-saving system. Along with being a super affordable option in itself, the Inissia has an energy mode that will automatically turn the machine off after nine minutes. This way, if you forget to turn off the machine before rushing out the door, you won’t have to fret about an increase in your energy bills.
- The machine comes with a complimentary gift of 16 capsules with different flavor profiles.
- If you have a specific type of ground espresso you LOVE, you’re out of luck. Because this is a Nespresso machine, it only accepts Nespresso capsules. You’re going to have to continually order the capsules as well, which can vary in cost depending on how much espresso you drink.
Looks aren’t everything but when it comes to your kitchen, it’s nice to have something that’s aesthetically pleasing. With the Inissia, you won’t have to worry about this petite beauty clashing with your decor. Its sleek black exterior will complement any room.
Thanks to a teeny footprint, this machine can squeeze in practically anywhere. And of course, the shots it pulls are H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y.
It’s lightweight and compact making it very easy to carry around. You don’t have have to wait longer to make your coffee as the water heats up faster. And automatically shuts off when not in use.
- Dimensions: 12.6 x 4.7 x 9 inches
- Weight: 5.29 lbs.
The reason I chose this machine over the other two models is because it simply gets pretty much everything right. You can’t go wrong with any of the models on this list.
All deliver quality coffee and espresso at an unbelievably low price. But the coveted title of “Best Overall” has to go to the Nespresso Inissia.
This beauty gives you the biggest bang for your buck thanks to the quality of the espresso shots it pulls, the sheer longevity of the machine, and the complimentary gift of Nespresso capsules with a full range of aromatic flavor profiles. Now that sounds like a great start to your morning.