Disclosure: We may receive a small commission when you shop by clicking on the links on our site. This is at absolutely no added cost to you. Learn more.
A $2000 Budget For An Espresso Machine? Lots Of Great Options To Choose From …
If you are able to budget for an espresso machine that can surpass the $1,000 mark — congratulations!
Although there are TONS of top machines on the market that you can pick from that are available on the cheap, being able to shop for machines with a four-digit price tag opens you up to a variety of cool options and fancy features.
Spending those addition dollars will get you a lot of value for your money and will enable you to enjoy a great cup of coffee whenever you fancy one.
Our Top Choice
Breville BES980XL Oracle
- The Breville Oracle has a variety of AWESOME features to enhance taste and increase the machine’s lifespan.
- Breville Oracle is a dual stainless steel boilers and heated group head controlled by digital temperature control.
- Delivers third wave specialty coffee at home
Breville BES980XL Oracle
Best Budget Option
La Pavoni PPG
Top Espresso Machines Under $2000 Review
1. Breville BES980XL Oracle
- The precise and repeatable extraction delivers maximum flavor at the right temperature shot after shot.
- Breville extracts full rich flavor using the right dose of 19-22g of freshly ground beans.
- The descaling system leaves something to be desired. Unlike the J90, you need to REALLY keep an eye on this and maintain the machine so that it doesn’t malfunction.
The Breville is an awesome choice whether you are looking for a business or home espresso machine. If you’re looking for the best automatic coffee machines in the market, this is by far the best under $200 that you can get your hands on.
No training is needed for your baristas-in-training when it comes to the Breville. Equipped with several innovative technologies and one-and-done automatic systems, this is a great choice for stores and offices looking to create a bevy of espresso and milk-based drinks at the touch of a button.
I also really, REALLY like Breville’s LCD display, where it allows easy programming with shot clock duration display that guides you to consistent extraction.
- Dimensions: 2 x 15 x 18 inches
- Weight: 5 lbs.
2. Jura E8
- A generous 64 ounce water reservoir is easily removable, which makes refilling and cleaning a breeze! And speaking of water…
- The E8 uses CLEARYL Smart filters, which are pretty much the best when it comes to keeping your water clean and tasting great.
- If you are not very familiar with using many coffee machines, it can be a learning curve to get used to this one and it’s app.
This is one espresso machine that KNOWS how to be the life of the party.
At only 22.3lbs., the E8 will make a BIG impression on you and your guests thanks to its gorgeous aesthetic. You can tell how sleek, beautiful and strong the E8 is by viewing pictures online — but that’s nothing compared to how it looks out of the box.
A lot of espresso machines do a great job of complementing your home, office or business decor — but the E8 will actually ENHANCE it.
When it comes to looks, another great thing about the E8 is its ability to prepare 16 barista quality beverages. Delivers the perfect coffee quality with the help of Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P) exclusive only in Jura.
This is great for general use and guests will love being able to choose exactly what they want with a simple turn of a dial and press of a button.
Speaking of guests, the E8’s Conical Burr grinder is an AromaG3 which is fast and precise that gives optimal fineness as it grinds whole beans.
- Dimension: W- 11″ x H- 13.8″ x L- 17.3″
- Weight: 22.3 lbs
3. La Pavoni PPG
- This machine is small and might. At just 14 pounds, the La Pavoni can pull up to 16 manual shots of espresso!
- The machine is TRULY built to last. You can depend on the performance of this machine staying the same up to 20 years or more.
- This model is truly a vintage piece that operates with modern efficiencies.
- Since this is a manual espresso machine, you need to be OK with using some arm strength when getting it to produce espresso
When you purchase the La Pavoni PPG, you’re purchasing much more than an espresso machine — you’re purchasing a piece of art.
But don’t assume that looks are all this model has to offer. This machine delivers gorgeous, flavorful espresso shots and can also make more advanced espresso drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
This machine is a true marriage of beauty and quality. One of the reasons I didn’t give it the top spot is simply because manual espresso machines are appealing to a certain breed of coffee aficionados.
Although the machine is easy to operate — by manual espresso machine standards — this may not be appealing in the way that the Jura J90 is to a broad scope of people.
- Dimensions: 2 x 4.5 x 12 inches
- Weight: 17 lbs.
Conclusion : Our Choice For Best Espresso Machine Under $2000 Is …
The J90 is the clear winner when it comes to top models between $1,500-$2,000. Although the other models on this list are spectacular, they simply can’t QUITE measure up to the J90’s combined aesthetic, ease of use, and features.
Oh and remember how I mentioned that the J90 comes equipped with CLEARYL blue water filters that keep water pure and increase the machine’s longevity?
What I really, REALLY love about the J90 is that — along with have this type of filtration system — the TFT screen will let you know exactly when the filters need to be changed.
And as if there wasn’t enough features here to make you want to drink, drink, DRINK the water (and coffee), here’s one more. The J90’s large water chamber can also make dozens of espressos before it needs to be changed, so you can brew and entertain all night (or day) long!
Finally, those dozens of drinks are going to taste fantastic each and every time thanks to the Aroma+ grinder. The Aroma+ grinder grinds beans twice as fast as comparable machine to extract more flavor from the bean.