BEST Commercial Espresso Machines
Our Top Choice
Whether you have a bustling, busy coffee shop or a modest cafe, the Breville Barista Express exceeds expectations when it comes to affordability, quality and longevity.
It’s a small but mighty machine that was built to last and will offer your baristas and baristas-in-training the ultimate experience! It’s SUPER easy to use, but also has enough hands-on capabilities to appease baristas and keep them from getting bored.
More than half of American adults over 18 drink coffee every day, with nine ounces being the average size per drink. That amounts to an average of 66 BILLION CUPS PER YEAR.
In other words, coffee is a very HOT (pun intended) commodity when it comes to personal life and business. And that’s not a bad thing. There are a variety of benefits that come with coffee consumption, including reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, healthier liver, and improved mood.
It’s no wonder, then, that great coffee also means great business. If you run a coffee shop, finding a great commercial espresso machine can be vital to productivity.
And you don’t necessarily need to break the bank to find a machine worth your salt.
Below are commercial espresso machine products that detail several commercial espresso machines options to fit your needs, your business and your budget.
La Pavoni BAR-T
Breville BES980XL Oracle
Nuova Simonelli Oscar II
Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II
Top Commercial Espresso Machine Reviews
- An Amazing Toolkit: This machine comes equipped with a tamper, pitcher AND everything you need for easy cleanup
- PID Temperature Control: Temperature controls ensure consistency and quality
- Conical grinder speeds up grinding time and also can be tweaked to your preferences
- Grinds can accumulate more rapidly in the drip tray
- Bottom and sides of the machine are plastic
- The Barista Express includes a purge function, which enhances flavor and prevents coffee grounds from burning
- A removable water tank with handle makes cleaning and refilling a cinch
- Stainless Steel Steam Wand: Make frothy cappuccinos, lovely lattes and easily produce latte art with a ball-mounted steam wand that gives you complete control
- Standby Mode: This machine saves energy by automatically going into a standby mode after one hour and turns off after three hours
- Conical Grinder: An integrated grinding system speeds up grinding time and also allows you to tweak your espresso to fit your specific taste
Allow your staff to easily tap into their inner barista with this small-yet-mighty machine from Breville.
The Barista Express can make a novice feel like a professional barista thanks to a balance of hands-on opportunities and automated functions.
This machine easily wins the title of Ultimate Commercial Espresso Machine for Coffee Shop.
- Gorgeous design that will both impress customers and add the aesthetic of your business
- Delivers high-quality Italian espresso shots and can easily steam/froth milk for cappuccinos and lattes
- Semi-automatic machine; it will be unable to deliver the amount or variety of drinks that come with a more expensive super-automatic
- Delivers excellent espresso shots, and is equipped with shrewd steam capabilities for whipping up fluffy, fantastic cappuccinos
- A BEAUTIFUL vintage design
- Commercial-style heat exchanger
- A pump-operated mechanism delivers water to a group-head for refilling
Can we just take a moment to talk about how drop dead GORGEOUS this machine is? If you are looking to wow your customers before they have even had a chance to get in line and look at the menu, the Microcasa Semiautomatica may be the machine for you. Its aesthetic really can’t be beat, thanks to its sleek elegance and historic design.
Although it may not be suitable for big businesses, this machine wins the title of Best Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine for a Small Coffee Shop..
- Can make pretty much any drink under the sun in minimal time
- May not be suitable for small shops and offices
- Groups of the machine have been constructed with brass and chrome for optimal durability
- Four different cup size selections, along with various solenoids so that your crew can brew, extract and froth a variety of beverages simultaneously
- A water softener ensures you get a perfect espresso each time
- Anti-vacuum valve
- A pre-infusion occurs immediately prior to the brewing process, which entails a blast of hot water at one bar of pressure is sprayed atop the coffee grinds to cover the coffee surface. This guarantees that the process of brewing will distribute evenly throughout the handle and flow into the cups uniformly
La Pavoni is a company that eats, sleeps and breathes commercial espresso machines — they’ve been in the commercial espresso machine industry since 1905.
And when it comes to big business, the 159-pound BAR-T 2V-B does NOT disappoint! This beautiful behemoth comes equipped with everything you need to deliver shot after shot, after shot, after…OK you get the idea.
Yes, the price tag is not for the faint of heart, but for bustling coffee shops, hotels and restaurants, this machine meets all your needs and is built to last, and also wins the title of Best Commercial Lever Espresso Machine.
- SET IT AND FORGET IT! A bevy of automated features allow you to quickly and easily deliver great espresso beverages, keeping you, your staff and your customers happy (and caffeinated)
- An actively heated cup warmer uses passive heat to keep cups toasty and espresso drinks hot for longer
- A pair of boilers saves even more time by allowing you to brew and steam simultaneously. This is just one more thing that makes the Oracle perfect for everyday use, as well as those “morning rush” times, that demand a large output at once
- Descaling system is not as fine-tuned as some more expensive machines, and if you disregard the maintenance that comes with descaling, it can easily malfunction
- One of the main selling points of the Oracle is its ability to grind, dose and tamp automatically! No longer will you or your staff need to worry about consistent measurements and perfecting flavor. This built-in system ensures that you get perfectly measured, caramel colored espresso shots each and every time. No muss (or mess), no fuss.
- One-touch Americano option immediately delivers hot water into a cup post-extraction
- The Oracle’s automatic milk texturing whips up perfect froth and microfoam for lattes, cappuccinos and more with one touch of a button. For artisanal employees, there is also a manual option for those looking to really hone their skills as a barista
- Speaking of milk, the Oracle’s Auto Purge setting automatically purges steam through the milk frother for less cleanup
The Oracle is the best espresso maker when it comes to overall ease of use and predicted customer satisfaction.
No training is needed for your baristas-in-training when it comes to the Breville Oracle.
Equipped with several innovative technologies and one-and-done automatic systems, the Oracle is a great choice for stores and offices looking to create a bevy of espresso and milk-based drinks at the touch of a button.
- A bevy of programmable options that allow you to brew several different drinks quickly
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- Leaves something to be desired for those who prefer manual options
- Milk Management System: The Milk Management System delivers perfectly steamed or frothed milkinto your cup based on your drink selection. And, for optimal convenience, a detachable milk carafe can be stored in the fridge so that no leftover milk goes to waste
- It’s an ultimate twofer thanks to the Accademia’s 15-bar pump and two stainless steel boilers. These allow you to alternate between brewing and frothing simultaneously — a business owner’s dream come true!
- Speaking of things that fall under the detachable category, the Accademia also has a removable brew group for easy cleaning and maintenance
The Gaggia Accademia is made to be seen due to its sleek, appealing design. And it works great for offices and shops, with seven programmable options designed to brew lots of espresso drinks.
If you’re looking for an excellent espresso machine for entertaining guests, customers, and office mates, LOOK NO FURTHER than the Gaggia Accademia. It can brew drink after drink after drink.
- Easy to use, whether you are looking for a machine for your home or business
- Powerful milk frother offers the perfect temperature and froth for espresso beverages
- Delivers a variety of delicious drinks in limited time
- Though wonderfully strong, the milk frother can take a bit of getting used to
- Some find the red-and-gray coloring of the machine to be unsightly
- A heat exchange boiler allows you the convenience of so that your customers can enjoy quality espresso and milk-based beverages faster than ever before
- ESE pods and/or Point capsules make it easy for novice baristas to develop their skills
- The Oscar II’s steam wand may be the best on the market. An extra-long analog arm makes it easy to steam and froth perfectly textured beverages
- Dimensions: 21 x 16 x 20 inches
- Weight: 40 lbs.
- Material: Boiler material is copper; case material is stainless steel and plastic
Yes, edging close to the $3,000 mark may SEEM like an investment, but as far as high-quality commercial machines go, the Oscar II actually proves to be quite the bargain due to its illustrious features and quality build.
This machine is built to last thanks to tough-as-nails copper and stainless steel being used as materials.
- Will enhance the decor of any coffee shop
- Offers a broad menu of drink options
- Easy to use
- It’s almost TOO EASY to use, and baristas who really want to hone their crafter could be looking for a more hands-on experience.
- Some of the features like the TFT screen seem better served as something to impress guests at a party. But in a coffee shop, customers won’t really get to see and enjoy this feature.
- Auto-froth means you have limited control over finessing the froth to a person’s specific preferences.
- Aroma+ Grinder: The Aroma+ grinder grinds beans twice as fast as comparable machine to extract more flavor from the bean. This mechanism also leads to a much quieter grind, so you won’t have to worry about waking up family in the morning or any noisy interruptions when customers are chatting.
- Beautiful aesthetic: The aesthetic of the machine is sleek, beautiful and strong — even at a mere 24 pounds. The J90’s lovely TFT full-color display completes the look. Using a rotary dial on top of the machine, you and your employees can select from a variety of vibrant drink options, complete with pictures of everything from espresso to macchiato. There’s no need for tamping, steaming or frothing — the J90 does it all for you!
- The J90’s water reservoir is easily removable and holds a bountiful 2.1 liters of water. CLEARYL Blue filters are also included to prevent buildup of calcium deposits and other substances. This type of filtration (alongside automatic reminders on the TFT screen of when to change the filter and clean the machine) is integral to a machine’s longevity and also improves the quality and taste of coffee.
- Dimensions: 12.4 x 4.9 x 8.8 inches
- Weight: 6.9 lbs
- Material: Plastic
This GORGEOUS machine comes equipped with a variety of different espresso and milk-based drink options, as well as some great maintenance features to reduce labor and increase longevity.
If you are looking to purchase a Jura J90 One-Touch Coffee Machine, be sure you are prepared to share the wealth. This is a machine that was made to be seen. A clean, polished design is augmented by an updated TFT display.
Take a look at some more information on how this sleek, silver Jura can make you the star of any event.
- Delectable coffee with optimal crema thanks to an intelligent pre-brewing system
- Easy to operate and customize drinks
- Fine Foam Frother makes it easy to make beautiful cappuccinos and lattes
- Aroma+ Grinder
- Rinse cycle can be seen as too aggressive
- A simple flick of a button can brew a quality cup of coffee and — thanks to the Fine Foam Frother — you don’t need to worry about mastering a frothing technique to have perfect froth and crema each and every time
- The rotary system makes it easy to have an espresso drink under the sun with just a flick of the wrist
- The C65’s hot water feature ensures you get quality teas and hot chocolates when you’re not in a coffee mood
- Dimensions: 16.1 x 11 x 13.6 inches
- Weight: 22 lbs.
- Material: Plastic
- Includes all the tools needs to deliver a variety of drinks easily in a very short amount of time
- Designed for HIGH-VOLUME business with a decent budget
- Shuts down automatically to save energy
- It’s STUNNING
- Makes espressos any way you want, with a variety of size options
- Extremely user-friendly
YES, this machine is the most expensive BY FAR on our list. This is not for the faint of heart or for those that run a low-volume coffee shop.
It’ll get the job done in SPADES, and can handle the biggest crowds imaginable, the most particular crowds possible (if they need a skinny, half-caf mocha latte with whip, three splendas and extra, EXTRA hot, you can have it done in a flash — no matter WHAT type of day you’re having), and will consistently deliver quality espresso and espresso-based beverages.
The reason that this is lower on the list is that it’s for a very specific type of business — a BIG business, and one that has the funds to purchase this behemoth.
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 9 x 11.8 inches
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Espresso shots that are consistently robust and flavorful
- Maintenance technology with user-friendly options. This makes cleaning almost effortless
- Froth control that allows you to have your drink exactly how you like it
- Several options so you can have the perfect espresso drink any way you want it
- Black is the only color option, making it more susceptible to smudges and fingerprints
- Best for households of one to two people, making it hard to accommodate multiple, coffee-loving guests or offices
- For those that want their coffee extra hot (think 170 degrees Fahrenheit), the E8 won’t be able to deliver
- P.E.P.: This patented technology works to create the most aromatic, rich espresso shots. When P.E.P. is initiated, shots are pulled at a rate and time that allows the coffee to reach the highest state of quality.
- I.W.F.: You needn’t worry about keeping track of when your water filter needs to be replaced. The E8’s smart water system lets you know exactly when your water filter needs to be replaced. By consistently replacing your water filter (and, by the way, the E8’s CLEARYL Smart filters can’t be beaten) you increase the lifespan of your machine, while also preventing the buildup of toxic substances that compromise your coffee quality.
- Fine foam technology with the ability to produce “feather-like milk foam” (it’s the perfect way to impress your friends with some foam art)
- Easy Cleaning: The E8’s automatic rinse system keeps the milk frothing device clean by performing a rinse automatically 10 minutes after you make any type of milk-based beverage. The E8 also includes a milk cleaning solution for deeper cleaning.
- Dimensions: 24 x 20 x 15 inches
- Weight: 22 lbs.
- Water reservoir hold up to 64 ounces
For commercial espresso machine users, the latest Jura technologies are likely to make you salivate. The Jura WE8 includes these latest programs, which include Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P. Ⓡ) and Intelligent Water System (I.W.S.Ⓡ) technologies.
The Barista Express has “barista” in the title because THAT’S who it’s made for — coffee artists (whether they exist in the home or at a coffee shop) who take the process of crafting great espresso seriously.
But as much fun as your baristas will have making drinks thanks to the hands-on capabilities, the Barista Express is SO user-friendly, anyone can use it. You won’t have to worry about anyone getting confused or efficiency being sacrificed because of the hands-on features.
The icing on the cake? This is SO AFFORDABLE, you could probably even purchase two and not feel the sting in your business account. Plus, it’s small enough to fit easily most anywhere, all while boasting a gorgeous aesthetic. Perfection!
If you are looking for a different type of espresso machine, come and check out Emerging Coffee.