Best Espresso Machines Under $100
Our Top Choice
- Capresso EC50 exceeds expectations when it comes to affordability, quality and longevity.
- It’s a small but mighty machine that was built to last and it’s SUPER easy to use.
- When it comes to delivering delicious shots of espresso, this Espresso Machine is basically flawless.
- It’s an energy-saving heating element that keeps your safety AND wallet in mind, as well as the ability to customize your drink with a SINGLE touch of a button — whether you want espresso, lungo drinks, or regular coffee.
Dreams really CAN come true, my friends!
You can find a quality espresso machine on a shoestring budget.
If you love a good espresso each day or even just occasionally, you no longer have to brave traffic and the crowds that frequent coffee shops.
Below, I am going to go through the top three BEST espresso machines for under $100. With these machines, you can enjoy quality espresso from the comfort of your own home.
De’Longhi EC155 15
Top 3 Models Under $100 Reviewed
Why buy the Capresso Espresso Machine?
For one thing, it’s got the look. This itty bitty, teeny weeny machine won’t let its small size keep it from making a BIG impression. Whether you get it in black or red, this machine is beautifully sleek and sophisticated.
But its aesthetics are nothing compared to the rich espresso shots it pulls. Each shot had a deep, chocolate brown look and a perfect layer of crema — and crema is a true testament to how good an espresso shot is.
This machine’s small carbon footprint makes it a perfect fixture in any kitchen, regardless of size. And, you can easily transport it anywhere, so you’ll never be without perfect espresso.
Other Things We Love
- The machine comes with eight pieces of detachable components that are extremely easy to clean and replace.
- An energy-saving heating element saves you money and time. You only need to wait about 25 seconds before your coffee is preheated and ready to brew. The energy-saving mode also keeps your safety and energy bills in mind by switching off automatically after a certain period of time.
- One and done! With just one touch of a button, you can customize your drinks quickly and easily.
- Two-year warranty. Although the machine performs very well and typically lasts several years, a two-year warranty is included to protect you from needing to foist out money for a new machine in case anything goes wrong.
- As cute as this is to behold, it will not be compatible for bustling restaurants or cafes if you are looking for something to use commercially.
This is a semi-automatic espresso machine for under $100.
Getting a semi-automatic for less than three digits may seem unheard of, but De’Longhi took it upon itself to bestow us with the MOST AFFORDABLE semi-automatic espresso machine imaginable.
This cute machine comes equipped with 15 bars of pressure that pump out exquisite espresso shots. And the easy-to-use steam wand can help anyone feel like a barista in their own home.
Other Things We Love
- The patented cappuccino system is a fantasy come true for fans of froth. A rotating jet frother ensures that you get the creamiest, fluffiest froth imaginable.
- You can choose between a single or double shot of espresso in case you need an extra jolt for those particularly challenging mornings.
- You have the option to choose between using pod and ground espresso thanks to a dual function filter holder.
- A built-in tamper perfectly tamps espresso each and every time, so YOU don’t have to.
- This machine comes equipped with self-priming preparation, so you don’t have to worry about pre-brewing espresso.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- No waiting between cups.
- The water tank is easy to remove for easy cleaning and refilling.
- For some users, the filter basket technology may become awry, causing the machine to become unusable without repair. You need to make sure to twist the filter basket on tightly enough..
- Cleanup can be messier than comparable semi-automatic espresso machines post-use.
I’ve always had a personal attachment to Mr. Coffee.
My first coffee machine ever was a Mr. Coffee. I’ve always found their products to be extremely affordable, easy to use, and reliable — and the Automatic Dual Shot Espresso/Cappuccino System is no exception.
This model features 15 bars of pressure, so you extract smooth, strong shots of espresso each and every time. What’s great about this machine as well is that it comes equipped with a thermal block heating system that heats water and steams milk SUPER FAST, so you can enjoy your drink of choice quickly — whether that’s an espresso or a milk-based beverage.
Other Things We Love
- The machine is verrrryyy quiet. You’ll never need to worry about waking someone up if you have a particularly early morning or want a decaf drink late at night.
- You can choose between a single or double shot of espresso.
- A 40-ounce water reservoir located on the back of the machine is easily viewable, so you will know exactly when to refill.
- A removable, washable drip tray makes for easy cleaning.
- The machine is teeny and SUPER CUTE, and will make a lovely fixture in any kitchen.
- I found the espresso shots to be delicious, but some reviewers found the espresso to be a bit too weak.
- The steam wand can be a bit ornery at times.
- Foam can be inconsistent. At times I got perfectly fluffy and creamy foam, but other times it came out lighter than I would have preferred. I enjoy my cappuccinos dry, so this inconsistency was one of the things that gave this machine a lower place on our list.
- The water reservoir is not removable.
The reason we chose this machine over the other two models is because it simply gets pretty much everything right.
No, you can’t make milk-based beverages with this machine, but it makes sure that it has excelled in every department when it comes to espressos, lungos and regular coffees. The Capresso EC50 is also built in a way that you pretty much will NEVER have to worry about mess, malfunction, or a piece getting ornery on you.
So there you have it.
The Capresso EC50 Espresso Machine reigns SUPREME!