Best Espresso Machines Under $2000
Our Top Choice
- The J90 has a variety of AWESOME features to enhance taste and increase the machine’s lifespan.
- The J90’s intuitive Zero-Energy Switch disconnects from the main energy supply once the machine enters a standby mode, which saves money on energy bills.
- It has TFT full-color display. The pictures are SO PRETTY and also ensure that you have a crystal clear idea of what you’re going to get based on your selection.
- The grinder is super quiet, so you won’t have to worry about a cacophony of clanging and bean pulverization.
A $2000 budget? Lots Of Great Options to Choose from ...
If you are able to budget for an espresso machine that can surpass the $1,000 mark — congratulations!
Although there are TONS of quality options that are available on the cheap, being able to shop for machines with a four-digit price tag opens you up to a variety of cool options and fancy features.
Spending those addition dollars will get you a lot of value for your money and will enable you to enjoy a great cup of coffee whenever you fancy one.
Jura J90 One-Touch
La Pavoni PPG
Breville BES980XL Oracle
Top Espresso Machines Under $2000 Review
1. Jura J90 One-Touch
- Dimensions: 1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches
- Weight: 24 lbs.
This is one espresso machine that KNOWS how to be the life of the party.
At only 24 lbs., the J90 will make a BIG impression on you and your guests thanks to its gorgeous aesthetic. You can tell how sleek, beautiful and strong the J90 is by viewing pictures online — but that’s nothing compared to how it looks out of the box.
A lot of espresso machines do a great job of complementing your home, office or business decor — but the J90 will actually ENHANCE it.
When it comes to looks, another great thing about the J90 is its lovely TFT full-color display. Using a rotary dial, you and guests can select from a variety of vibrant drink options. The pictures are SO PRETTY and also ensure that you have a crystal clear idea of what you’re going to get based on your selection.
This is great for general use and guests will love being able to choose exactly what they want with a simple turn of a dial and press of a button.
Speaking of guests, the J90’s Aroma+ grinder is super quiet, so you won’t have to worry about a cacophony of clanging and bean pulverization interrupting your conversation.
Other Things We Love
- A generous 2.1- liter water reservoir is easily removable, which makes refilling and cleaning a breeze! And speaking of water…
- The J90 uses CLEARYL Blue filters, which are pretty much the best when it comes to keeping your water clean and tasting great.
- If you like your milk-based beverages extra, EXTRA hot, you might feel like the J90 leaves something to be desired.
- Although I love the froth this machine delivers, the auto-froth function gives you little control over it.
2. La Pavoni PPG
- Dimensions: 2 x 4.5 x 12 inches
- Weight: 17 lbs.
When you purchase the La Pavoni PPG, you’re purchasing much more than an espresso machine — you’re purchasing a piece of art.
But don’t assume that looks are all this model has to offer. This machine delivers gorgeous, flavorful espresso shots and can also make more advanced espresso drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
This machine is a true marriage of beauty and quality. One of the reasons I didn’t give it the top spot is simply because manual espresso machines are appealing to a certain breed of coffee aficionados.
Although the machine is easy to operate — by manual espresso machine standards — this may not be appealing in the way that the Jura J90 is to a broad scope of people.
Other Things We Love
- This machine is small and might. At just 14 pounds, the La Pavoni can pull up to 16 manual shots of espresso!
- The machine is TRULY built to last. You can depend on the performance of this machine staying the same up to 20 years or more.
- This model is truly a vintage piece that operates with modern efficiencies.
- Since this is a manual espresso machine, you need to be OK with using some arm strength when getting it to produce espresso
3. Breville BES980XL Oracle
- Dimensions: 2 x 15 x 18 inches
- Weight: 5 lbs.
The Oracle is an awesome choice whether you are looking for a business or home espresso machine.
No training is needed for your baristas-in-training when it comes to the Breville Oracle. Equipped with several innovative technologies and one-and-done automatic systems, the Oracle is a great choice for stores and offices looking to create a bevy of espresso and milk-based drinks at the touch of a button.
I also really, REALLY like the Oracle’s one-touch Americano option, where hot water is delivered into a cup IMMEDIATELY after an espresso shot is pulled.
Other Things We Love
- The heated cup warmer uses passive heat to keep mugs nice and toasty — and keeps beverages warmer for longer as well!
- The Oracle’s automatic milk texturing features delivers perfect, creamy froth.
- An auto purge setting purges steam through the steam wand for easy cleaning.
- The descaling system leaves something to be desired. Unlike the J90, you need to REALLY keep an eye on this and maintain the machine so that it doesn’t malfunction.
The J90 is the clear winner when it comes to top models between $1,500-$2,000. Although the other models on this list are spectacular, they simply can’t QUITE measure up to the J90’s combined aesthetic, ease of use, and features.
Oh and remember how I mentioned that the J90 comes equipped with CLEARYL blue water filters that keep water pure and increase the machine’s longevity?
What I really, REALLY love about the J90 is that — along with have this type of filtration system — the TFT screen will let you know exactly when the filters need to be changed.
And as if there wasn’t enough features here to make you want to drink, drink, DRINK the water (and coffee), here’s one more. The J90’s large water chamber can also make dozens of espressos before it needs to be changed, so you can brew and entertain all night (or day) long!
Finally, those dozens of drinks are going to taste fantastic each and every time thanks to the Aroma+ grinder. The Aroma+ grinder grinds beans twice as fast as comparable machine to extract more flavor from the bean.