Best Espresso Machines Under $3000
Our Top Choice
- It is basically self-cleaning, has built-in features to give you a barista-quality espresso.
- A high-end water filtration system ensures that your water is 98% pure at all times.
- With it’s built-in maintenance feature, you can look forward to its optimal performance for years and years to come.
Is $3000 for an Espresso Machine Worth It?
Spending close to $3,000 for an espresso machine can seem like a ridiculous chunk of change. Why not just get your java fix at a cafe on the way to work?
Spending a few or even $5 on an espresso or milk-based beverage may not seem like a dent in your bank account at the time of purchase — but that number adds up over time,
If you are a daily espresso drinker, investing in a machine could actually end up saving you money. According to a report, the average worker spends up to $1,100 on coffee each year. Even if you invest in a high quality machine, the money saved (and ability to have delicious espresso drinks whenever you want) definitely adds up.
The espresso machines we review in this article are guaranteed to satisfy your coffee-loving needs year after year.
Delonghi Prima Donna
Top Espresso Machines Under $3000 Review
1. Jura WE8
- Dimensions:24 x 20 x 15 inches
- Weight: 22 lbs.
Whether you are looking for a home espresso machine or for your business, the Jura WE8 is sure to leave you — and other consumers — satisfied. One thing that really makes the WE8 stand out above the other models on this list is its Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P. Ⓡ) and Intelligent Water System (I.W.S.Ⓡ) technologies.
Featured in Juras latest machines, enjoying the benefits of P.E.P. and I.W.F. will leave you wondering how you were ever able to enjoy espresso without them!
Jura took special care in developing its P.E.P. technology, which delivers the most aromatic, rich espresso shots possible. It does this by pulsating throughout the brewing cycle, adding seconds to the process extracting shots at an optimal rate used by the most skilled in-house baristas!
The I.W.F. technology ensures that your water will ALWAYS stay pure (98% pure to be exact) and that you won’t ever have to worry about remembering when to change the filter.
The WE8 uses CLEARYL water filters, which are the best of the best. And this water filtration system will alert you exactly when a filter needs to be replaced.
This increases the lifespan of you machine, while also preventing buildup of toxic substances that compromise your coffee quality.
Other Things We Love
- The WE8 comes equipped with fine foam technology with the ability to produce “feather-like milk foam” (it’s the perfect way to impress your friends with some foam art)
- An automatic rinse system keeps milk devices clean.
- Comes with a generous (and removable) 64-liter water tank.
- Comes in only one color option (black), which can show smudges and fingerprints more prominently.
2. DeLonghi Prima Donna
- Dimensions: 4 x 17.4 x 13.6 inches
- Weight: 26.5 lbs.
This model from DeLonghi lives up to the name “Prima Donna” in that it’s quite the looker.
But its beauty is more than matched by a variety of features.
For one, the Prima Donna basically doubles as a mind reader thanks to a memory function. The memory function allows you to save preferred setting so that you can have a fully customized drink whenever you want it.
Cleanup is also a cinch when it comes to the Prima Donna thanks to a removable water tank AND a removable milk carafe. I always LOVE when machines include this, because you can refrigerate any leftover milk rather than waste it.
Other Things We Love
- The machine’s abilities make it great for office and commercial use, but the compact design also makes the Prima Donna a great fixture for any home
- Enjoy any time without causing a single disturbance! The Prima Donna brews quietly to ensure you can pull a late night without waking up anyone in your home.
- With the Prima Donna, you have the ability to choose from five different coffee strengths and a bevy of programmable options.
- From time to time, you may notice grinds at the bottom of your cup.
- Some consumers have complained that DeLonghi lacked in customer service when they called due to an issue with the machine.
3. Miele CM6350
- Dimensions:16.75 x 10 x 18.13 inches
- Weight: 29 lbs
This is a quality machine for you AND your significant other. Miele’s unique OneTouch for Two programs allows you to make two completely different drinks at the EXACT SAME TIME with just ONE TOUCH of a button.
No waiting, no complaining.
And speaking of customization, I can’t get enough of Miele’s milk system. The machine comes equipped with its own frothing container, which is great for both milk-based espresso beverages and things like hot chocolate.
Other Things We Love
- Most components of the Miele are dishwasher safe, which can be a rare find when it comes to espresso machines.
- It is able to use both beans and ground coffee.
- Although I’m not a big fan of judging a book by its cover, the Miele’s aesthetics could use some work. It’s not as attractive as the other model on this list, and won’t enhance your decor.
The thing that REALLY makes the WE8 the best of the best when it comes to machines under $3,000 are those aforementioned P.E.P. and I.W.F technologies. You just simply can’t get quality like that in other machines, being that these are both patented by Jura.
Alongside those features, the WE8 basically cleans itself and delivers some of the best espresso and milk-based beverages imaginable.
Yes, it comes at a hefty price tag, but using a WE8 basically ensures that you’ll never need to buy another coffee AGAIN!
What more could you ask for?
Best Overall Pick
If you are not budget constrained and want to take a look at the best of the best machines on the market, head over to our detailed guide on reviews of espresso machines.
Also, if the most convenient espresso machines that do all the work for you spark your interest, check out our top super-automatic espresso machine reviews.